Which way is the best to do your shopping? I have heard a few opinions on this and decided to put together a list of the pro’s and con’s of shopping inworld vs shopping on marketplace.
The positives for Marketplace are:
1. You can search an item easily.
2. You have different designers and options of one product.
3. Easy to compare prices.
4. Great way to find more designers.
Negatives for Marketplace:
1. Delivery failure
2. You may see a variety of different designers, but not all products from one designer may be listed.
Positives for Inworld:
1. Easy to try a demo, as it is just there and then decide if you will buy it or not.
2. Mostly the entire designer’s items range is displayed.
3. Mostly the product is not delivered boxed, so it’s easy to see what you get and you don’t need to find a place to unpack.
4. Can be part of exploring a new sim as most designers now put alot of effort into their store environment.
Negatives for Inworld:
1. Waiting for stores and items to rez inworld.
2. You mostly see only items of one designer.
I think there are many more that you will be able to think of, but these are the basics. In my opinion, I like to have a quick look at Marketplace, buy a demo and then tp to the inworld store and buy it. I normally then see more things that I like and of course I get to explore too.
This dress however, I have found on Marketplace and then I tp’ed to the store, as I loved the design and range. There were so many new things out and I spent a lot of linden in store as well as group gifts.
Skin: Glam Affair – Summer
Hair: Maitreya – Saar
Dress: Death Rocker Bettie Crocker – Vamp Slinky Dress w/ Tango Appliers
Shoes: N-core – CUORE – Black
Bracelets: [EY:NO] – Mess Bangles
Collar: (red) Mint – Posture Collar No3
Tattoo: Letis Tattoo :: Pink Rose:: B12019